Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When you first notice water damage, you may find yourself in a panic and not know what to do first. It's not a typical event the average person normally deals with and so knowing how to navigate next steps may be unclear. That's where we come in. Give us a call and we will take care of the rest. However, there are a few things you can do before we arrive to help the situation.
At SERVPRO of The Saint Croix Valley, we care for our customers and our neighbors. Keep these ideas close to mind and follow our Do's and Do Nots below.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (715) 381-2266
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.